Two Factor Authentication
- Download Google Authenticator via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Upon opening the app for the first time, you should see a "BEGIN SETUP" button at the bottom of the screen. Click on that so you will be presented with a "scan barcode" and "manual entry" button. Click on the "scan barcode" option.
- After setting up the app, head over to the dashboard. Once signed in, you will see a "Two Factor" tab. In that tab, you will see a green "Enable" button. Next to that button, there is a "Link MFA" button. Click on that button.
- Once you click that button, you will be presented with a pop-up link MFA window. Click on the "Request QR Code" where a new tab will open containing your unique QR code.
For new Google Authenticator:
- Use the "scan barcode" option in setup to scan the barcode.
For existing Google Authenticator Users:
- With the barcode open, head back to Google Authenticator and click on the + button in the top right-hand corner. Now head to the bottom of that screen and click on "Scan Barcode." Scan the barcode that the dashboard opened in your web-browser.
- Upon a successful scan, you will than see a new tab in the app that contains a 6-digit combination. Use that combination to fill in the "Code" section in the dashboard. Upon a successful combination, you will see the "Link MFA" change to "Unlink MFA" in the dashboard.
- Click on the green "Enable" button. If everything went well, you will see a text file download which contains very important backup codes. In the event you get locked out, these codes will allow you to bypass using your phone or authentication app. You can regenerate these codes at any time by clicking the "Generate" button in the backup codes section.
Make sure you save your backup codes in a safe and easily accessible place!
- Click on the "Link Phone" button in the Phone tab.
- Type in your phone number into the box and click request code.
- Type the code sent to your phone into the "Code" box and click submit.
- After that, you phone can now be used to receive your authentication codes!